We represent both employers and employees. On one hand, employers face a myriad of ever-changing federal and state employment laws in the workplace. Such laws include the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
On the other hand, employees increasingly face hostile work environments, shorted paychecks, and retaliatory acts by ignorant or unscrupulous employers.
Services in this area include:
- Counseling on Hiring, Discipline, and Termination Issues
- Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9)
- Non-compete and Confidentiality Agreements
- Employee Handbooks and Drafting of Policies
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Executive and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Unemployment Hearings
- Training of Management and Employees
- Internal Investigations
- Bureau of Labor and Industries/EEOC Complaints
Consistent with our proactive approach, please contact us about conducting a confidential employment audit of your business to identify any employment shortcomings with your current employment policies and procedures.